If you’re planning to order more than just a plain old beer at the New Year’s Eve party, you better get well acquainted with what other manly drinks are available to you. It’s said that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but we say you can sure judge a man by the drink in his hand.
At the end of a tiring but adventurous day of paintballing with your bros, don’t emasculate yourself by ordering the wrong drink. Instead, choose manly drinks for New Year’s. If you’re not sure where to start, try something off this list of top ten ideas for manly drinks.
1. Manhattan: Frank Sinatra and his Rat Pack downed these manly drinks in style. When all else fails, stick with this vermouth-and-whiskey beverage, and add a maraschino cherry for good measure.
2. Irish Car Bomb: There’s nothing manlier than chugging Guinness stout spiked with a shot of Irish whiskey.
3. Martini: For starters, this manly drink is almost pure alcohol. Plus, the suave James Bond chooses the martini every time—shaken, not stirred.
4. Buffalo Sweat: Looking for something with a bite? Buffalo Sweat, with three parts bourbon to one part Tabasco sauce, packs a big enough punch that no one will dare question your manliness again.
5. Rusty Nail: Want to look macho in front of your friends? Tell them you’re drinking a Rusty Nail (three parts scotch to one part Drambuie), and they’ll get the gist.
6. Gin and Juice: If you still want a fruity-flavored drink without handing over your man card, drink Gin (2.5 ounces) and Juice (1 ounce orange juice). It’s Snoop Dogg’s drink of choice, and that’s worth something.
7. Nuclear Waste: It has a manly enough name, but once you learn that it’s the only thing Keith Richards drinks now, you can be sure it’s one of the manliest drinks around. Mix two parts premium vodka with one part orange soda and plenty of ice.
8. Boilermaker: Beer with a shot of whiskey or rum is sure to get your blood pounding.
9. Gold Rush: Combine 2 ounces of bourbon, 3/4 ounce lemon juice and 3/4 ounce honey syrup for a manly drink that can also help cure your seasonal allergies—just don’t tell anyone about that last part.
10. Sidecar: The Sidecar (equal parts Triple sec and brandy/cognac, plus the juice from 1/4 lemon) was a speakeasy standard back in the 1920s. It’s making a comeback now, but who cares about trends? This manly drink has always said, “Outta my way. I know what I’m doing.”
With your manly drinks for New Year’s all sorted out, learn more about tactical gear for playing paintball by checking out the sick masks, goggles and accessories on our website. Join us on Phacebook and Twitter for more Save Phace fun and special deals!